WHO WE ARE
The London Arts Council is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life and the creative vitality of London.
We work towards this goal through nurturing the awareness of, involvement in, and commitment to excellence at all levels of art in London. Our focus is on those programs and services that provide information, education and training, consultation and collaboration, representation, and networking opportunities for the arts community, Londoners, and visitors to our city.
Our mandate is to provide:
- A resource for the arts community and the general public;
- Professional development for artists and arts organizations;
- Advocacy for the London arts community and the City of London;
- Assistance for artists and arts organizations with grant applications, career development, networking, mentoring, and community connections; and
- Facilitation of meetings with senior levels of government for policy changes and funding opportunities for London's arts community.
WHAT WE DO
We work independently and with the City of London to support and provide for a number of programs, initiatives, and resources, including:
- Community Arts Investment Program (Category 2)
- The Public Art Program
- The London Cultural Prosperity Plan
- The Poet Laureate
- The Mayor's New Year's Honours List -- Arts Award
The London Arts Council also is responsible for a number of programs designed to promote, encourage, and foster the development of art and access to art in the city.